Search This Blog

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Alice Palmer interview


Short but sweet interview with Alice Palmer for Playing
Fashion that sadly never got used with the images. 
But this summer I got to ask Alice a few questions you 
all might find a good read!
 
 
'Her amazing siloutes and knitwear techniques are something
that has had the fashion industry in amazement since steping 
out as one of Vauxhall fashion scouts ones to watch 
back in 2009, 3 seasons on and she has just
showed her beautiful SS11 collection 
which I personally think is this Scottish lovelies best yet!'
  
(image styled by myself and 
Photography http://www.nicolemariawinkler.com/)
 
 
 
Did you go to university to study Fashion?

I studied knitted textiles at Glasgow School of Art (BA) 
then I had 5 years out before doing a Masters at
the Royal College of Art.
 

What interested you in fashion to make you become a designer? 

I was always interested in creating fabric - knitting a 
garment from nothing but a cone of yarn is highly addictive 
and seeing the whole garment come to life is a
very exciting process.
 
(A/W10)
 
Most graduates Intern with big labels for a while, did you work with
anyone else before launching your own line?
Since graduating I did some freelance work for Diane Von Furstenberg 
but then set up my own label in 2008. 
 
 
(ss11)


What factors helped you become the designer you are today?
I love the research stage - being inspired for a collection
can really push 
you to design and I feel really lucky to be doing what I do.
All things around me inspire my work, 
eg. art, architecture ,people and films - 
at the moment I am inspired by aliens!
I also love to push innovation within knitwear 
and to show that knitwear can be edgy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment