Search This Blog

Thursday, 29 July 2010

HOLLY FULTON INTERVIEW FOR PF

HOLLY FULTON INTERVIEW FOR PLAYING FASHION MAGAZINE.

A few weeks ago I got a chance to speak to designer ‘Holly Fulton’ and ask her a few mini questions, as we shot two of her A/W 10-11 looks for the next online issue of Playing Fashion Magazine.

Her latest collection was defiantly a highlight for me, last fashion week. The amazing colour scheme of deep yellows, violets and monochrome prints where beautiful.  Her collections are so wearable and fresh, with her artistic background always shining through.

Hi Holly, firstly I want to ask you, how did you become a designer?
Through a long route-I studied then worked at various jobs before eventually going back to do my MA in 2005. I went straight from there to Lanvin and I put the rest down to fate and luck.
Did you always dream of becoming a designer or did you have other plans as a child?
I originally wanted to be a vet but realised I was not scientifically gifted quite quickly and switched back to art! I've always been interested and had it in my mind but I could never have dreamed I would be in the position I am in today.
Did you studying fashion in College/ University?
Yes, Edinburgh for my degree and post grad then RCA for my MA
Before launching your own line did you ever work/ intern for any other established designers?
I worked for Lanvin which was both an amazing and hard experience-this helped me to decide to go it alone and I've never looked back.
What are your future plans?
I hope I will be able to build my team and my brand, a lot of people have been very good to me early on and I would like to be able to reward that eventually. It means everything to me to work as a collective, I couldn't do it alone its very much a group effort.
What has made you the designer you are today?
Luck and other people’s enthusiasm.

1 comment:

  1. GO ON RAJCHHHHHH x
    http://www.thevestimaniac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete